Personal data we collect
KMW Outreach Inc. collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products for a variety of purposes described below, including to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register for a KMW Outreach Inc course, or contact us for support.
We get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experience with our products and communications.
We rely on a variety of legal reasons and permissions (sometimes called “legal bases”) to process data, including with your consent, a balancing of legitimate interests, necessity to enter into and perform contracts, and compliance with legal obligations, for a variety of purposes described below.
We may also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time and include:
- Data brokers from which we may acquire demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Services that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as local business reviews or public social media posts.
- Communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give us permission to access your data on such third-party services or networks.
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location and IP address.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When you are asked to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to operate and provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data required to operate and provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use the data will not work for you.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with KMW Outreach Inc. and the choices you make, the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law.
The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language.
- Data about your use of KMW Outreach Inc. products and services. In some cases, this is data you provide to make use of the products. In other cases, this is data we generate. Other examples of interactions data include:
- Device and usage data. Data about your device and the product and features you use, including information about your hardware and software, how our products perform, as well as your settings. For example:
- Browse history. Data about the webpages you visit.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device, your device configuration, and nearby networks. For example, data about the operating systems. In addition, IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. Data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports. Error reports (sometimes called “bugs”) can include details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files opened when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Troubleshooting and help data. Data you provide when you contact KMW Outreach Inc. for help, such as the products you use, and other details that help us provide support. For example, contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with KMW Outreach Inc, data about the condition of your device and servers, and the products you use related to your help inquiry. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Text, typing data. Text and typing data and related information. For example, when we collect text data, we collect information about what content you have been viewing online.
- Images and related information, such as picture metadata.
- Location data. Data about your device’s or server location, which can be either precise or imprecise. For example, we may collect location data using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) (e.g., GPS) and data about nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots. Location can also be inferred from a device’s IP address or data in your account profile that indicates where it is located with less precision, such as at a city or postal code level.
- Feedback and ratings. Information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback, survey data, and product reviews you write.
Product-specific sections below describe data collection practices applicable to use of those products.
How we use personal data
KMW Outreach Inc. uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. We use data to:
- Provide our products and services, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Improve and develop our products and services.
- Personalize our products and services and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
- We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
For these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts. Where required by law, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or phone number.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as required to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of KMW Outreach Inc. as described in this section and in the Reasons we share personal data section of this privacy statement.
More on the purposes of processing:
- Provide our products and services. We use data to operate our products and provide you with rich, interactive experiences. Additionally, as communications are a feature of various products, programs, and activities, we use data to contact you.
- Product and service development. We use data to develop new products and services.
- Customer support. We use data to troubleshoot and diagnose product problems, and provide other customer care and support services, including to help us provide, improve, and secure the quality of our products, services, and training.
- Help secure and troubleshoot. We use data to help secure and troubleshoot our products and services.
- We use data to protect the safety of our customers.
- Promotional communications. We use data we collect to deliver promotional communications. You can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from KMW Outreach Inc. by email. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions, and promotional communications, see the How to access and control your personal data section of this privacy statement.
- Relevant offers. KMW Outreach Inc. uses data to provide you with relevant and valuable information regarding our products and services. We analyze data from a variety of sources to predict the information that will be most interesting and relevant to you and deliver such information to you in a variety of ways.
- KMW Outreach Inc. does not use what you say in email, chat, video calls, or voice mail, or your documents, photos, or other personal files to target ads to you. We use data we collect through our interactions with you, through some of our products, and on third-party web properties, for advertising in our products and on third-party properties. We may use automated processes to help make advertising more relevant to you. For more information about how your data is used for advertising, see the Advertising section of this privacy statement.
- Prize promotions and events. We use your data to administer prize promotions and events available in our physical tradeshow booths and online promotions. For example, if you enter a prize promotion, we may use your data to select a winner and provide the prize to you if you win.
- Transacting commerce. We use data to carry out your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with product and service purchases and use contact information to deliver goods purchased from KMW Outreach Inc.
- Reporting and business operations. We use data to analyze our operations and perform business intelligence. This enables us to make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Protecting rights and property. We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce agreements, and protect our property. We may use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and the rights of others, such as fraud.
- Legal compliance. We process data to comply with law. For example, we use the age of our customers to ensure we meet our obligations to protect children’s privacy. We also process contact information and credentials to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
Reasons we may share personal data
We will not share your data to any third party that is not associated with you. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
Finally, we will retain, access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to do any of the following:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal processes, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
- Protect our customers, for example, to prevent spam or attempts to defraud customers, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone.
- Operate and maintain the security of our products and services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
- Protect the rights or property of KMW Outreach Inc., including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services.
How to access and control your personal data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by KMW Outreach Inc. You can control your personal data that KMW Outreach Inc. has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting KMW Outreach Inc. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required, or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on which products and services you use. For example, you can:
- Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from KMW Outreach Inc. by visiting by unsubscribing from these communications.
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, and postal mail from KMW Outreach Inc.
Not all personal data processed by KMW Outreach Inc. can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by KMW Outreach Inc. that is not available via the tools above you can always contact KMW Outreach Inc. at the address in the How to contact us section.
You can access and control your personal data that KMW Outreach Inc. has obtained by contacting KMW Outreach Inc. For instance:
- If KMW Outreach Inc. obtained your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- You can request access to, erasure of, and updates to your personal data.
You can also object to or restrict the use of your personal data by KMW Outreach Inc. For example, you can object at any time to our use of your personal data:
- For direct marketing purposes.
- Where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests.
You may have these rights under applicable laws, including the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), but we offer them regardless of your location. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required, or permitted by applicable law.
You can access and control your personal data that KMW Outreach Inc. has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting KMW Outreach Inc.
Your communications preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from KMW Outreach Inc. by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by contacting KMW Outreach Inc. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain KMW Outreach Inc. products, programs, activities, or to surveys or other informational communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
Cookies and similar technologies
- Social media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are signed into the social media service to share content via that service.
Our use of web beacons and analytics services
Some KMW Outreach Inc. webpages contain electronic tags known as web beacons that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites, and deliver co-branded products. We also include web beacons or similar technologies in our electronic communications to determine whether you open and act on them.
Finally, some KMW Outreach Inc. products may contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites, or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address). You can opt out of data collection or use by some of these analytics providers by clicking any of the following links: Google Analytics (requires you to install a browser add-on).
Other important privacy information
Below you will find additional privacy information, such as how we secure your data, where we process your data, and how long we retain your data. You can find more information on KMW Outreach Inc. and our commitment to protecting your privacy at KMW Outreach Inc. Privacy.
Security of personal data
KMW Outreach Inc. is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. KMW Outreach Inc. complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification laws.
Where we store and process personal data
Personal data collected by KMW Outreach Inc. is stored and processed in your region, in Canada... The storage location(s) are chosen to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our retention of personal data
KMW Outreach Inc. retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, the context of our interactions with you or your use of products, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Other criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- Do customers provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it?
- Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be adopted.
- Has KMW Outreach Inc. adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type? For example, according to the Canadian Red Cross Standards, participant records must be kept for at least 7 years.
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is KMW Outreach Inc. subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain or delete the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data retained for the purposes of litigation. Conversely, if we are required by law to remove unlawful content, we will do so.
Collection of data from children
KMW Outreach Inc. collects limited data from children attending our youth services and programs. We will not knowingly ask children under that age to provide more data than is required to provide for the service. Parents can change or revoke the consent choices previously made, and review, edit, or request the deletion of the personal data of children for whom they provided consent or authorization.
Changes to this privacy statement
We update this privacy statement when necessary to provide greater transparency or in response to:
- Feedback from customer, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders.
- Changes in our products and services.
- Changes in our data processing activities or policies.
When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement and describe the changes on the Change history page. If there are material changes to the statement, such as a change to the purposes of processing of personal data that is not consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how KMW Outreach Inc. is protecting your information.
Canadian Red Cross Online Portal:
Please note that KMW Outreach Inc. must share information such as your name and email with the Canadian Red Cross for the online portion of our services. We do not control the Canadian Red Cross online portal. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Canadian Red Cross.
How to contact us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or question for KMW Outreach Inc, please contact us. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days. You can also raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority or other official with jurisdiction.
When KMW Outreach Inc. is a controller, unless otherwise stated, KMW Outreach Inc are the data controllers for personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement.
Our address is:
KMW Outreach Inc. 211-255 Woodlawn Rd W Guelph Ontario N1H8J1